Introducing a new puppy to their new home is an exciting and important process. Here are a few tips to make it a smooth transition:
1. Create a safe space: Set up a designated area for your puppy with a comfortable bed, food and water bowls, and some toys. This will give them a sense of security and help them adjust to their new surroundings.
2. Gradual exploration: Allow your puppy to explore their new home gradually. Start with one room at a time, ensuring it is puppy-proofed and free of any hazards. As they become more comfortable, gradually expand their access to other areas of the house.
3. Socialization: Introduce your puppy to family members and any other pets in a calm and controlled manner. Supervise their interactions to ensure everyone feels safe and comfortable. This will help your puppy build positive relationships and feel part of the family.
4. Establish routines: Puppies thrive on routine, so establish a consistent schedule for feeding, potty breaks, playtime, and training. This will help them feel secure and adapt quickly to their new home.
5. Positive reinforcement: Use positive reinforcement techniques, such as treats and praise, to reward your puppy for good behavior. This will help them associate their new home with positive experiences and encourage them to learn and follow commands.
We love the Baxter and Bella training program. It is online classes that break training up into little games you can play with your puppy. You also have a lifetime membership with access to a trainer by phone or Zoom anytime you need it. This has been wonderful for us and if you use code RN25 you will receive 25% off your lifetime membership.
Remember, patience and consistency are key during this transition period. Enjoy the process of bonding with your new furry friend and creating a loving and welcoming environment for them.
If you are interested in applying for a puppy from Robyn’s Nest Mini Goldens you can do so hereContact