Creating the right setup for your puppy’s space, including a kennel and play yard, is essential for their safety, comfort, and development. Here’s a suggested setup:
1. Kennel or crate: Choose a crate that is appropriately sized for your puppy. It should be large enough for them to stand, turn around, and lie down comfortably, but not so big that they have extra space to eliminate in one corner. The crate should have a soft, washable bed or blanket for comfort.
2. Playpen or play yard: Set up a designated area where your puppy can play and explore safely. Use a playpen or play yard with sturdy, puppy-proof walls that prevent them from escaping or accessing hazardous areas. Ensure there are no sharp edges or small gaps that could trap or injure your puppy.
3. Bedding and toys: Provide a cozy bed or mat within the playpen for your puppy to rest. Include a variety of safe toys to keep them mentally stimulated and entertained. Rotate the toys regularly to maintain their interest.
4. Food and water station: Set up a separate area within the playpen for your puppy’s food and water bowls. Make sure they have access to fresh water at all times. Consider using spill-proof or elevated bowls to prevent messes and promote proper digestion.
5. Potty area: Designate a specific spot within the playpen for your puppy’s potty needs. Use puppy pads or a litter box for easy cleanup. Gradually transition them to outdoor potty training as they grow older.
6. Safety measures: Ensure that the playpen is placed in a safe area free from hazards like electrical cords, toxic plants, or sharp objects. Use baby gates or barriers to block off areas that are off-limits for your puppy.
7. Supervision and interaction: While the playpen provides a safe space, it’s important to supervise your puppy when they are in it. Regularly interact with them, play with them, and provide positive reinforcement to strengthen your bond.
Remember, puppies should not spend excessive amounts of time confined to a crate or playpen. They need regular exercise, mental stimulation, and socialization. Use the crate for short periods when necessary, such as during sleep or when you are away, but aim to gradually increase their freedom as they mature and demonstrate good behavior.
Items in this video;
Metal Play Yard With Door https://amzn.to/3Ohd7Md
Nylon Kennel Cover https://amzn.to/4barBHo
Canvas Kennel Cover https://amzn.to/47M4LDa
Kennel Bumpers https://amzn.to/47ObVqG
To Apply For Puppies In This Litter Or Another Litter You Can Do That Here https://robynsnestminigoldens.com/apply-today/
If You Would Like To Shop Our Favorite Products You Can Do That Here https://robynsnestminigoldens.com/shop/
This Is A Link To Our Website https://robynsnestminigoldens.com/
You Can Also Find Us Here
Discount Codes Puppy and Dog Training Through Baxter and Bella Use Code RN25 For 25% Off Of A Lifetime Membership